A manifesto that the Occupy crowds can rally behind.
Like Martin Luther, the demands should be nailed to the front doors of all banks & brokerage offices and all government buildings. Its time for a Financial Reformation just like the protestant reformation if is about freedom from a malevolent oligarchy. Capitalism is a great system that can benefit everyone, but when it goes unchecked, it stops at nothing.
- Congress must reinstate regulations that allowed the Banks to run wild
- Congress must Institute new regulations that make futures trading of Oil and other energy products illegal.
- Congress must pass a Jobs Bill, It doesn’t have to be the President’s Obama’s plan. They just have to act now.
- Congress and the FCC must mandate that all TV, Cable and Radio stations provide free political ADs to anyone running for office. A fixed and equal time must me allocated to all candidates. This will remove the a lot of the need for campaign money and reduce the influence of Lobbyists and corporate interest.
- Congress must mandate that all Banks/Financial institution holding or servicing mortgages, allow anyone who is underwater in the primary residence to refinance at a lower rate
- If Congress does not act on 1 .. 5, then Occupy must work to defeat every sitting member of congress, no matter what their party affiliation.
- Justice Department must open investigations naming the heads of all Large Financial institutions that took part in the financial disaster.
- The public needs to remove all their money from any Bank that has more then 500 branches, and move it to credit unions of small community banks.
- The president must recall all troops that are in harms way, we can’t afford to police the world.
- Going forward all foreign aid must be in the form of Food or Medicine (and related supplies), no more blank checks to foreign governments.
This is just the beginning.